Music by Daft Punk remixed by Adam Freeland. Video by GOLD produced at GreenDot.
Watch Aer-Obama. (MPEG-4)
It must be December – snow is falling, children are writing letters to Santa and we’re dragging 2008 through the mud in our all-singing, all-dancing, all-out year-in-review. Baby New Year ’08 takes you on a tour of all of the good, bad, and worse the past year had to offer, all at breakneck speed. We’re giving society a primo wedgie – everyone watch, point and laugh!
Watch it. (Flash Video)
Sarah Palin in a nutshell.
Josh Whedon, writer of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, directs this videoblog/show starring Neil Patrick Harris. Be a little patient because it picks up from its slow start wonderfully. A clever tale with ample amounts of wit.
This is an incredibly successful internet phenomenon (making it to the Time’s Best Inventions of 2008!!). A couple of thoughts:
- Length. People keep saying the shorter is better online. This has been true but the internet is evolving and with it the perception that the internet is some sort of distraction from other forms of media will change. I can’t wait, very promising for storytellers.
- Whedon said it was a small budget with the budget in the low six figure amount. Yes, I am with you when you say “that is a small budget”. But this is clearly an investment. This video series will be a full fledged something. This is just the beginning.
- I hadn’t heard about it till the Time’s article. But Googling the show, there isn’t a doubt in my mind that this is megahit. Whedon is quoted as saying as getting a thousand hits in a second in this USA Today article. What is amazing to me is that I hadn’t seen it earlier. I maintain this blog about online video, I spend (too much) time looking for online video content and yet this thing lives successfully outside of my world, my blogs, the places I visit for almost 5 months. Incredible. Shows you the size of the internet and how small you really are.
- Musicals do great online. I was talking to Rhett & Link about their incredible videoblog (more about them later) and they were saying their most popular videos end up being their music videos.
One of the best videos of this long political season.
I love Cool Hand Luke, it is one of my favorite movies. It is not a cheery movie but I always have a need to watch it when I am down. (Watch Plastic Jesus)
Paul Newman died this week as many of you have already heard. When people use the word great to describe anyone, I often times cringe. But Newman, like Robert Redford or even Marlon Brando, was truly a great man. An outright star who seemed less interested in himself than in others. An incredibly generous person.
Sometimes it would seem that only assholes rise to the top but people like Newman remind us that it is not the case.
If you keep hearing about his on television. Here is it in full. Some of the best political parody I have ever seen.
It is now officially a Palin day on Ticklebooth.
After hearing Matt Damon’s brilliant comparison of a Sarah Palin presidency to a bad Disney movie, I called up Sam and said “Let’s make a trailer for what that movie would look like.” Within hours, Dan and Amir were writing it, Ben and the CHTV crew were casting and producing it, and two weeks later, here it is.
Perfect. Thanks Damon.
This is funnier than any SNL writer can possibly think up. The final question and answer is just one of funniest moments of this election season. When Palin tries to insult Obama by saying he blows with the wind, she licks her finger and puts it up in the air. Hahahah! She is entertaining in the way Bush was.
They friggin’ nailed it.
Half Russian History allegory as told through an old zombie movie made in the Soviet Union, and half animated Soviet Propaganda posters.
A music video directed by Tom Stern for the Russian band AnJ.
I think Bush has passed his foot-in-mouth disease onto McCain. Though I was laughing my head off, I was left with a sad aftertaste.
Who is next? Carlin, Mac,…
This is just perfect counter attacking.
– When answering a question on what people can do everyday to help the environment, Obama suggests taking better care of cars like filling up the tires. Republicans seize on this, mocking his “energy policy”. Obama responds.
Molten, hell, corporate.