Filmmakers! answer this…
If you are a filmmaker, an aspiring filmmaker, a closet filmmaker, a successful filmmaker, an unsuccessful filmmaker, not a filmmaker but like to pretend to be one, a videographer, a videblogger, a vlogger or anything other type of visual artist; this questionnaire is for you.
Please pick 5 questions from the following list of questions to answer. If you send me an answer for every question, I am simply going to ignore it. You can, of course, post all your answers at your own blog. Some questions have more than one question, if you can, answer them both. If you have films that can be seen online and would like to use these as examples, please do so.
Your answers (with a link to your site) will be posted in a directory of answers. If one of your answers is totally rad or whatever, the answer will be posted under its question as one of the best answers. These questions are not designed to insult people, this is meant as a fun exercise.
- Why the hell do you make films? Does anyone care that you do?
- Did you get into films because you wanted to get laid?
- Are you an undiscovered genius? Are you the greatest director since sliced bread?
- How big is your ego?
- How much time do you waste thinking about your future success?
- What have you done to think you are a hotshot director?
- If you imagine yourself as a hotshot director, who do you see doing the interview?
- Who thinks you are a genius? If no one does, who do you think will think of you as a genius?
- How much money is filmmaking sucking from you annually?
- How frustrated are you with your “career”?
- Couldn’t you find easier and better paid work?
- What crappy job supports your filmmaking career?
- Are your parents proud of you?
- What is keeping you down?
- How late are you to your success?
- If your career is failing, when or what would make you quit?
- Are your results as good as your ideas?
- What are some of the words people use to describe your films?
- Do you secretly wished your films sucked less?
- Do you secretly wish you were more artsy?
- Do you secretly wish you were commercial?
- Besides having money and sexy friends, what are things that will define (or defines) your success?
- Do you support other filmmakers?
- Do you feel your filmmaker friends should down put their cameras and help you with your projects?
- How big a dick/bitch can you be?
- Are you happy for the successes of other filmmakers?
- Which director do you most steal from?
- If there is one film you would like to steal from another director, which would it be?
- Would Orson Welles steal from you? Do you know even who Orson Welles is?
- When is the last time you read a book?
- How often do you think about your top 10 movie list?
- Do you cast people because they are hot or because they can act?
- If you had to shoot on film, could you do it without help?
- How much younger do you feel from your real age?
- How much will you sacrifice for a great career? (A pinkie, an arm or a leg?)
- Have you been in love?
If you have other questions, you can choose to answer them as well. But try to stick to these, will ya! You can either leave your answers in the comments or email me.